Re: Please add me to the project

Hi,

On 10/03/13 18:56, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
On 10/03/2013 16:44, Andreas Altaïr Redmer wrote:
Hello,

following the steps on

http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/developers.html#rules

I ask to be added to the project. I have created an account on

alioth.debian.org<http://alioth.debian.org>

and my account name there is *

altair-guest
You are supposed to apply the project. Admin will accept you once you
applied.
It's not the first time we have this discussion.

I can't fix it myself (not enough rights probably), but the page referenced by Andreas states indeed that new participants have to "Send an email message to the debian-java list and ask to be added to the project". I would rewrite it to

3. On the [project summary page], at the bottom of the "Project Members" section, register yourself using the [Request to join] link. 4. Present yourself on the debian-java list and explain what you'd like to do.
(old 4 becomes 5)

While I'm at it, few other glitches on the project page:

A. In the Public Areas section, "Project Home Page" links to https://... which doesn't work and redirects to the homepage of Alioth. http:// works.

B. The pages on Alioth are currently not easy to maintain collaboratively (obvious today). Wouldn't it make sense to keep only the minimum (and most static) documentation in there, and move the rest to the Debian Wiki? I think here especially of the developer information.

Cheers, Eric