Multpile JVM and Java version dependency

Hello,

I asked on irc but seams everybody is still in bed :)

We want to deploy multiple JVM on our hosts (sun java6 and Java7 mainly)
because of some requirement for our developments.

Finding out which JVM to use for a package and set JAVA_HOME and PATH
accordingly is quite heavy.
Our packages should depends on virtual package java6-runtime-headless or
java7-runtime-headless for example.

So idea is to add alternative for every Provided  virtual package for a
JVM in /usr/lib/jvm so application can easily rely on
/usr/lib/jvm/java7-runtime-headless to set JAVA_HOME and PATH
($JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH) without any problem (like /usr/bin/java pointing
to some java6 version required by an older application)

Does this make sense according to you ?

Best regards,

--
Damien HARDY