Re: signed applets?

deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de writes:

hi Eric,

> On 06/11/13 03:59, Stuart Prescott wrote:
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>>> What applets do you have in mind? I haven't seen applets in Debian
>>> packages yet.
>>
>> I know of at least jmol-applet and geogebra. I assume there are others
>> but I
>> don't know how to programmatically distinguish an applet jar from any other
>> jar to do a more exhaustive search.
> 'apt-cache search java applet' spits a few other packages: cortado,
> freemind-browser, hsqldb (speaks of management tools that can be run as
> applets), jmol-applet, jta, jiipview, king, weirdx, wims-java-applets, and
> a few libraries that claim to be fit for applets.

Freeplane also has applet support (for viewing mindmaps), which is now
signed upstream (using certum.eu)

=> I would also be interested into signing a jar for use with Debian
(since I don't have the upstream private key when building the package)

If that is not possible, Debian users would need to download the signed
jar separately for use with the applet export.

Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter