Re: [UPLOADED] Re: RFS: maven-javadoc-plugin, maven-jar-plugin, maven-dependency-plugin, maven2-core, maven2

Le 31/10/2013 06:49, tony mancill a écrit :

> As you're doubtlessly already aware, these were uploaded more or less as
> a block last night

Thank you very much Tony. I'm sorry for such a big upload request, the
mandatory update of maven2 and maven2-core on every core plugin update
is quite annoying.

I plan to update maven-plugin-tools soon, this will unlock the upgrade
of all core plugins to the latest versions. Do you prefer to handle them
one by one and update maven2+maven2-core each time, or should I prepare
another mass update (about 20 packages to upload)?

> The only thing I had a question about is that dpkg-buildpackage allowed
> me to kick off the build of maven2 without the updated versions of the
> javadoc-plugin, jar-plugin, and dependency-plugin installed, but then
> the build failed when maven couldn't resolve its dependencies.

I guess you built and installed maven2+maven2-core before updating the
plugins, right?

> I wasn't certain whether this was because of how the bootstrapping
> works, and because maven2-core was already on its way to the archive, I
> thought it better to go ahead and push maven2 as is rather than have
> them out of sync.
>
> However, I am wondering if we should explicitly add versioned
> dependencies to the libmaven2-core-java package.  Currently, it doesn't
> list them at all:

Well technically, maven2-core doesn't require the updated plugins to
build. But installing an updated maven2 *before* installing the updated
plugins will cause troubles (maven-plugin-plugin is a notable exception,
it requires maven2 to be updated first).

Emmanuel Bourg