plexus-utils upgrade

Hi all,

We have two versions of plexus-utils in Debian, the version 1.5.15 used
by Maven 2 in the plexus-utils package, and the version 2.0.5 used by
Maven 3.0.x in the plexus-utils2 package. Maven 3.1 uses plexus-utils 3.0.x.

After some investigation it seems we could use a single version of this
library, the compatibility from the version 1.5.15 to the latest 3.0.15
is very good. japi-compliance-checker reports only 1% of incompatible
changes between 1.5.15 and 2.0.5, which seems to indicate the creation
of the plexus-utils2 package wasn't necessary.

To verify this I upgraded locally the libplexus-utils-java package to
2.0.6 and rebuilt the 75 reverse dependencies. Everything compiled fine.
I pushed further and upgraded to 3.0.15. Again I have been able to build
all the reverse dependencies.

So if you agree I'd like to:
- Upgrade the plexus-utils package from 1.5.15 to 3.0.15
- Update the 7 reverse dependencies of libplexus-utils2-java to use
libplexus-utils-java instead
- Request the removal of plexus-utils2

What do you think?

Emmanuel Bourg