libbatik-java: codeless jars and depends on openjdk-jre

Hi all,

CC'ing the current Uploaders of batik to make sure they are aware of the
issues. Jakub are you still interested in becoming one of the Uploaders?

I believe I've found the fix for #725461, a FTBFS with
pbuilder-satisfydepends-classic. I committed the changes to the svn
repository. There are only two things left I couldn't ignore.

Lintian reports two codeless jars

usr/share/java/batik-rasterizer-ext-1.7.jar
usr/share/java/batik-squiggle-ext-1.7.jar

These jars only seem to register some service files. Is this intentional
or a bug that nobody experienced so far?

Currently libbatik-java depends on

default-jre-headless | java5-runtime-headless
| java6-runtime-headless | java7-runtime-headless

and also recommends

openjdk-6-jre | openjdk-7-jre-headless

Since libbatik-java is a library it shouldn't be necessary to depend on
JRE/JDK. However batik also ships binaries like squiggle that requires a
graphical desktop environment. What do you think is the best way forward?

 - Splitting the package in libbatik-java and batik and installing
   the binaries to batik. I don't know if one of the r-deps depends on
   these binaries, so we might open a can of worms here.
 - Depending on default-jre-headless and recommending default-jre as
   before.
 - Only recommend default-jre (because it depends on default-
   jre-headless)
 - Don't depend or recommend default-jre/default-jre-headless at all.

Regards,

Markus