Javahelper automatic depends

I just packaged caveconverter (a fairly small simple command-line java
package), which uses ant as a build system.
(currently in new:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/caveconverter_0~20130921-2.html )

This all worked fine, except that using
Depends: ${java:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
does not get the right Depends line.
I can't recall where I got those magic vars from now. (probbaly
jh_makepkg)

The build-depends line is:
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>> 7), javahelper (>= 0.32), ant,
default-jdk, libcobertura-java, junit

Which results in a Depends line:
Depends: default-jre | java5-runtime | java6-runtime | java7-runtime,
jarwrapper (>=0.5), junit, libcobertura-java

Which is too much.

* junit and libcobertura-java are only used for running build tests.
* default-jre should be default-jre-headless
* Do I still want those | javaN-runtime options? Are there -headless
versions?
* Should I use java-wrappers instead of jarwrapper?

The basic question is is ${java:Depends} useful here. I'd like to have
a magic var that just does the right thing and will update my
jre*|java* deps automaticllay on future changes, but if it puts too
much in then I have a problem? Can I modify it? Or should I just be
setting Depends manually and if so where is best practice recorded?

I get the impression that
www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/ is rather out of
date. Is there somewhere else this stuff is written down?

My best guess currently is that the depends line should be:
default-jdk-headless | java-runtime6 | java-runtime7, java-wrapper, ${misc:Depends}

Advice welcome.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/