Re: Openjdk-6 bug hurts netbeans

On 11/09/13 21:12, Joachim Zobel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 11.09.2013, 21:06 +0200 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
>> However, it does not seem
>> maintained anymore:
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/netbeans.html
>
> I already had that impression. I reported
> in January that did not show any activity since.
>
> How do I become a netbeans maintainer?
>
> Sincerely,
> Joachim

Hi Joachim,

If you're interested in getting Netbeans updated then that would be
great. I've made some notes on what needs to be done to update to 7.3.1,
which I've been able to build with OpenJDK-7. You can see those here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Netbeans

I'll start to push all the packaging I've done to git.debian.org and add
details to the wiki page. What then needs doing is some finalising of
the packages and getting them sponsored.

Unfortunately keeping up with Netbeans releases can be a challenge,
primarily due to the number of dependencies, so having help would be
much appreciated. If you feel you're able to devote some time to this
then let me know which packages you feel like tackling, and maybe mark
them on the wiki to de-conflict with others.

Thanks,
Andy