Re: TestNG package

Since this went to the list, I'll add my missing comments from this
conversation.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Andrew Ross <ubuntu@rossfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 09/09/13 08:51, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Eugene,

>>> I found jh_repack bug #689788, so I opted for orig-tar.sh and
>>> re-uploaded to mentors.
>> [http://mentors.debian.net/package/testng]
>>
>> Thanks for taking care of testng. However there are a couple of things
>> I do not understand;
>>
>> - testng is currently packaged in git, you decided to swtich to svn
>> but did not upload anything to java svn repository
>> - why upload to experimental ?
>> - did you talk to previous maintainer about your ITA

I wasn't going to switch to SVN, I forgot to fix those URL's in
d/control (now fixed and re-uploaded to mentors). I didn't commit yet
anything, because I checked that
git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/testng.git has full upstream source. May I
ask why? May I remove it and leave just debian folder there?

I thought of experimental because this TestNG version is so different
from the one currently in Debian. But I'm happy with unstable if you
think otherwise. I'd also like to remove testng-doc
binary if it doesn't violate a policy.

I asked Sylvestre before changing bug to my ITA.

>> Thanks,
>
> It certainly seems to me that this should target unstable. Yes, we'll
> potentially have to fix other packages where the new version has made
> changes, but hopefully it won't be too bad.
>
> I've just tested my Netbeans Platform build with this version of TestNG,
> and it appears to be good, so this will tick off another package on the
> TODO list for getting Netbeans updated (see
> https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Netbeans ).

Eugene