Re: clojure-maven-helper, maven-javadoc-plugin and #711852

Le samedi 17 août 2013 17:02:42 Wolodja Wentland a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am running into a problem during the apidoc generation phase when using
> maven-debian-helper [0] ever since the maven target to generate the
> documentation was changed from "javadoc:jar" to "javadoc:javadoc". This was
> done to fix #711852 and I was under the impression after a short glimpse at
> the maven-javadoc-plugin documentation that this change shouldn't break
> anything. It does, however, break the build in a package I am currently
> working on.

JFTR, we (I and Wolodja) had a quick look at maven-javadoc-plugin source code
and I think we find some discrepancy between javadoc:jar and javadoc:javadoc
behavior :

* javadoc:jar goal use JavadocJar maven mojo which by inheritance use
AbstractJavadocMojo. execute() will use outputDirectory ==
${project.build.directory}/apidocs

* javadoc:javadoc goal use JavadocReport maven mojo which by inheritance also
use AbstractJavadocMojo. But execute() override outputDirectory ==
${project.reporting.outputDirectory}/apidocs because JavadocReport is a
reporting plugin

I'm sure what is the right way to fix this (#711852) but maybe we should keep
installing JAR from javadoc.

Regards,
--
Damien