EasyMock 3.2 and bug #713751

Hi everyone,

I'm working on RC bug #713751, failing tests with easymock. It looks
like that the package FTBFS due to how ant or junit detect Junit tests.
I can see Junit4 test annotations (@Test) but also tests that use the
old convention with the word "test" as a prefix. I presume this might
confuse Junit somehow.

However the version of easymock shipped with Debian is rather outdated
and more than five years old so I decided to package the latest upstream
release 3.2. It is available here. [1]

The good news is easymock 3.2 and almost all tests compile fine now. The
new release also supports easymock for Android but unfortunately
dexmaker [2] hasn't been packaged yet thus I had to remove three Android
related java files to make the package compile at least.

The bad news is three reverse dependencies FTBFS with easymock 3.2:

libwagon2-java                    FAIL
libwagon-java                     FAIL
libmaven-plugin-testing-java      FAIL
libsolr-java			  PASS
libini4j-java			  PASS
libfelix-bundlerepository-java    PASS

I think the reason why building the packages fails is that
org.easymock.MockControl was removed three years ago and all the failing
packages still require an old API for their tests. Now I'm not sure how
I should proceed to fix #713751.

1. Disabling the tests in easymock. (simplest solution, do nothing else)
2. Updating the package to 3.2 but then we would need also a solution
for the aforementioned packages. (It would probably be either to disable
their tests or to fix them for 3.2.)

Feedback is most welcome.

Thanks,

Markus