Re: jarwrapper dependency

On Thu Jul 11 18:07, Eugene Zhukov wrote:
> >> I can see (red) link created under /usr/bin to my jar, like this:
> >> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root         27 Jul  8 08:55 epubcheck ->
> >> ../share/java/epubcheck.jar
> >
> > If the link is displayed in red then it doesn't actually link to something valid. Does /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar actually exist?
> >
> Yes it does, and it works if I run it like java -jar
> /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar.
>
> That's the whole point, I understand it is broken, but I don't know
> how to fix it.
> Can it be so, that the link is created before the jar is copied to
> /usr/share/java/ during packaging/installation process?

Ah, it would have been helpful if at some point in the process you'd actually said that.

Does this work:

$ /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar

when you say "it's displayed in red", do you mean the target of the link, or the link itself. My bash shows a good link to a jar to be cyan for the link and red for the jar, but a bad link red for both.

is /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar executable? That's the best explanation I have for this behaviour.

Matt