Re: jarwrapper dependency

On Thu Jun 20 16:25, Eugene Zhukov wrote:
> >> Yes, it is copied and appears now in Depends. With foobar.links I even
> >> get the link /usr/bin/foobar -> ../share/java/foobar.jar, but it
> >> doesn't work still.
> >
> > So, you have the dependency in the binary package, you have the symlink. Is the
> > jar executable? You must do that for binfmt_misc to even try doing anything.
> > Your options are manually setting it to executable, or calling jh_exec after
> > the link step, which will do it for you.
> >
> Yes, the jar is executable and
> java -jar /usr/share/java/foobar.

So.. what's not working? jarwrapper is installed when you install the package?
The symlink to the jar is on your path? The jar runs with java -jar? But
'/path/to/jar' doesn't work? just 'linkname' doesn't work? Does
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/jarwrapper exist? What's in it? What does
update-binfmts --display show you?

Matt