reproducing the build and the upload process of libhtmlcleaner-java

Hello Alexandre,
Hello People reading ITP libhtmlcleaner-java,
and hello Debian Java People,

  have a debian/README.soure in the git repository.

This is an e-mail about wanting to help, but being helpless.
About wanting to go beyond helpless and being helpfull.

There is Debian Bug report #707093
 ITP: libhtmlcleaner-java -- Java HTML Parser library
( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=707093 )

Alexandre Rossi did the packing work, but has no upload privilege.
Geert Stappers has upload privilege, but can't review the work of Alexandre.

It is part my ignorance and part missing documentation.

To solve my ignorance am I, stappers, willing to learn. To solve missing documentation
is my proposal add a debian/README.source file. See http://wiki.debian.org/Java/JavaVcs
for minimal content.

In the README.source having documented how to "convert" the .zip from upstream
into the git repository would also be a good thing.

The command `dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us` gives this
<output>
 dpkg-source -b libhtmlcleaner-java
dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../libhtmlcleaner-java_2.2.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b libhtmlcleaner-java gave error exit status 255
</output>

If something else as `dpkg-buildpackage` should be used, please document it.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.