Re: Contributing - Where to start

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Felipe FV <ffvdev@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I'm sorry to bring up this subject to the list, but I'm really interested on helping Debian developers with Java related matters. I'm not a professional and I'm still learning, however, everybody starts somewhere, and I want to do it here.

I've already read a lot of tutorials and articles on the internet, but none of them told me where a "newbie" could start contributing to the distribution, specially with Java.

I really would appreciate some help on how things work at Java development here. Where could I start?

Felipe

Hi Felipe,
Take a look here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=pkg-java-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org
Choose -> reproduce -> try to fix :)
When fixed, upload to mentors.debian.net and ask here for sponsorship!

---
Eugene