Re: "InfoNode Docking Windows" for Debian?

Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org> writes:

> On 20/04/2013 20:09, Felix Natter wrote:
>> hi,

hi Sylvestre,

>> Concerning the "InfoNode Docking Windows" library:
>>   http://infonode.net/index.html?idw
>>
>> It is dual-licensed under GPL and the InfoNode Software License (for
>> commercial use).
>> => are there any problems with this from a Debian point of view?
> Dual license is not an issue. That just mean that own the intellectual
> property (or
> the license are compatible) to propose the software under an other
> license.

I don't understand the sentence ("the license are compatible"); I
do understand that dual-license is no problem as long as GPL is an option.

> However, GPL allows commercial use...

I guess that they have a commerical license option so that their
customers can avoid shipping the source code with their products
(which would be required by the GPL).

Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter