Re: where is org/json/JSONObject ?

Mathieu Malaterre:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> > Now with the android reimplementation I'm afraid that there is no more
> > motivation for us to resolve the issue together with upstream.
>
> That's not what I am saying.
> You can install your favorite nvidia and/or fglrx OpenGL
> implementation, which are privates. But all those packages provides
> libgl-dev:
>
> $ apt-cache show libgl1-mesa-dev | grep Pro
> Provides: libgl-dev, libgl1-mesa-dri-dev
>
> This is a pure debian mecanism.

I'm aware of that mecanism. I wasn't talking about technical issues. I'm
talking about human laziness and that I'm afraid to encourage people to just
use libandroid-json-org-java when upstream relies on the non-free json.org.

The best thing to do would be to nag upstream to replace the json.org library
with a free alternative and to rely on libandroid-json-org-java only as a last
resort. So I'm against adding your suggested Provides: line.

People should at least learn about the json.org problem before they blindly
use libandroid-json-org-java as a replacement.

Actually I should add another paragraph to the package description of
libandroid-json-org-java that it should only be used after upstream has been
informed about the problems with json.org.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro