RFS: freeplane/1.2.23-1, simplyhtml/0.16.07-1 [ITA]

hello mentors,

I have previously created #704789 with almost the same text
(except for the section on lintian P:/X: below)
but it seems common practice to send a mail to d-mentors and d-java as
well, so here I go.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "freeplane".
It depends on "simplyhtml", which I maintain as well and which also
needs a sponsor:

* Package name    : freeplane
  Version         : 1.2.23-1
  Upstream Author : Dimitry Polivaev <dpolivaev@gmx.de> and Others
* URL             : http://freeplane.org
* License         : GPL-2+
  Section         : editors

* Package name    : simplyhtml
  Version         : 0.16.07-1
  Upstream Author : Dimitry Polivaev <dpolivaev@gmx.de> and Others
* URL             : http://simplyhtml.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPL-2+
  Section         : web

freeplane builds those binary packages:

 freeplane  - Java program for working with Mind Maps
 libjortho-freeplane-java - Java spell-checking library

simplyhtml builds those binary packages:

 simplyhtml - Java word processor based on HTML and CSS
 simplyhtml-doc - API documentation for simplyhtml

To access further information about these package(s), please visit the
following URLs:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/freeplane
http://mentors.debian.net/package/simplyhtml

Alternatively, one can download the package(s) with dget using these commands:

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freeplane/freeplane_1.2.23-1.dsc
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/simplyhtml/simplyhtml_0.16.07-1.dsc

freeplane also depends on libjsyntaxpane-java 0.9.6~r156 which has been
uploaded to experimental yesterday by Sylvestre Ledru / debian-java.

Freeplane is a mind mapping tool with features like freely positionable
nodes, automatic / conditional styles, scripting, add-ons, LaTeX,
search/filtering, different export features, printing,
password-protection of nodes/maps and more.
SimplyHTML is used as a rich text editor component within freeplane.

More information about freeplane and simplyhtml can be obtained from
http://freeplane.org and http://simplyhtml.sourceforge.net/.

Changes since the last upload (freeplane):

  * New upstream version.
  * Move source repo to git
  * Use standards version 3.9.4
  * Use copyright-format/1.0 for debian/copyright, check with
    "cme check dpkg-copyright"
  * Rewrite man page, move source to XML
  * Add better description in debian/control
  * Add patch descriptions
  * debian/watch: don't use sf redirector because the search is narrowed down
    to the "freeplane stable" directory (thanks to Bart Martens
    <bartm@debian.org>)
  * Fix lintian warnings
  * Update dependencies (simplyhtml, libjsyntaxpane-java, ...)
  * Update freedesktop "magic number" to match <map version="freeplane XXX">

Changes since the last upload (simplyhtml):

  * New upstream version.
  * Require Java 5 (also fixes issue with javadoc generation)
  * Move source repo to git
  * Use standards version 3.9.4
  * Use copyright-format/1.0 for debian/copyright, check with
    "cme check dpkg-copyright"
  * Add patch descriptions

Concerning the P:/X: warnings of the freeplane package (I did not know
about those until now because the maint-guide suggests only lintian -i
-I --show-overrides!):

- X package-contains-broken-symlink
  usr/share/freeplane/framework.jar ../knopflerfish/framework.jar
  => should be easy to fix

- P source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
  freeplane_framework/windows-icons/freeplaneIcons.dll
  => fixing this requires re-importing the sources with git-import-orig
  -u1.2.23+dfsg1 --filter "*.dll" [...] => is this required?

- is "freeplane (1.2.23-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low" in debian/changelog
  wrong? shall I put in "experimental" or even "unstable"?
  (please document this in http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers)

-is "lintian -i -IE --pedantic --show-overrides" correct for checking
 prior to upload?

Please tell me if I need to fix more things in the next upload.

The VCS repos are here:
simplyhtml: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/simplyhtml.git
freeplane: https://github.com/fnatter/freeplane-debian
(will soon be pushed to git.debian.org as indicated in debian/control!)
A required dependency that is in experimental:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/libjsyntaxpane-java.git

Thanks for Reviewing and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter