Re: RFS: libcommons-compress-java/1.5-1

Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, 12:57:32 CET, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> I've read the mail, but I was under the impression that this wasn't a
> definitive no to bnd in core Ubuntu components. Does this mean we should
> remove bnd from all packages?

No, only from packages that are part of Ubuntu master or core system repository - commons compress is such a case. Packages from universe are fine to depend on bnd. How to check whether package is in Ubuntu master was described by James.

I don't think including bnd and all its dependencies into core is a top priority at Ubuntu so I would rather use static manifests inside the few affected packages than to slow down our own progress of uploads waiting for Ubuntu's decision.

Regards,

Jakub