Re: Maven debian helper improvements

Hi Thomas,

No worries, I am still willing to help this project.

Are you saying that I should wait and reintroduce those features on new codebase (I am fine with that)?

Did you push here: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/maven-debian-helper.git still do not see changes since last year.

It would be nice if you can push it to you github account as well so we can use their issues tab and agree on features. Also I remember people complaining about the tool here on the list, so we can direct them there. Also there is free ci integration.

What do you think?

On Mar 23, 2013 9:02 PM, "Thomas Koch" <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
Boris Ribalkin:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I did some improvements to mdh related to non interactive mode:
>
> 1. Package version defaults to maven version.
> 2. ignore-missing flag Introduced to ignore not needed libraries to be able
> to continue and see if build fails.
> 3. mh_make skip test / doc flag fixes.
> 4. Default licence version for detected license name.

Hi Boris,

thank you again for your interest. I've had a look at your code now. I also
see the need to improve mh_make and this was actually my motivation to start
coding on the maven-*-helper packages.

Howerver I started by cleaning up the existing codebase to get it to start
where people can actually understand and maintain it. I spent many days over
the last months to get the codesize down, remove code duplication, reduce
nesting levels and needless complexity.

Please understand that I don't want to accept your patch in its current state.
It introduces a new feature but at the same time introduces new code
duplication.

I cherry-picked one commit partly in which you make the license check logic
more readable. Thank you for that.

I'd be happy if you'd still like to help us with our java tooling and make it
better _and_ more maintainable.

I also have to beg your pardon: I forgot to push my latest branch so you did
not see my commit to make maven-debian-helper compile against my changes to
maven-repo-helper. I pushed it now as thkoch_2013-03-23.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro