Re: Cannot build Commons Configuration

Le 22/03/2013 09:34, Thomas Koch a écrit :

> the groupId declared in the dependency (org.apache.commons) and the groupId
> provided (commons-jexl) are different. Please look, which would be the most
> "official" groupId and we can patch the commons-jexl to publish its artifacts
> under the correct or under both groupIds.
>
> Did the groupId perhaps change from version to another? Should the commons-
> jexl package be updated? Are there other packages depending on commons-jexl
> that can also work with a newer version?

Well spotted, thank you. Commons Configuration upgraded its dependency
on JEXL last year. The groupId commons-jexl is for JEXL 1.x and
org.apache.commons is for JEXL 2.x. JEXL 2 is not binary compatible with
JEXL 1 and lives in a different package to avoid conflicts. That means a
libcommons-jexl2-java package is needed.

> Welcome to the daily flea circus of a Debian Maintainer... :-)

Hehe, that's another issue that wouldn't happen if we could use a real
Maven repository ;)

Emmanuel Bourg