Re: JavaFX

2012-12-24 14:31, Cleto Martín skrev:
> Hi all!
>
> first of all, thanks a lot for your work guys! :-)
>
> I would like to ask you about JavaFX[1] that it is needed in a new
> release of one of my packages (zeroc-ice). I have not found and ITP or
> any mention in this list. I was wondering if anyone is aware about this
> component. If so, it would be nice to know if it is planned to be
> packaged. I would be happy to help with it or start to package it. Any
> comment or clue is welcome.
>
> Many thanks and merry Christmas,
>  Cleto.
>
> [1]: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/overview/index.html

Our hands are tied.
We are still waiting for JavaFX to become fully open-source.
The intended to be open-source OpenJFX project still contains binary blobs.
When we have full access to all the source-code needed under a free software license then we may package OpenJFX.
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/openjfx/getting-started.html

The license used by the Oracle properitary binary builds of JavaFX and JDK 7 & 8 is problematic
especially the "Oracle Technology Network Early Adopter Development License" used for the JavaFX Developer preview for ARM strictly prohibits redistribution.
http://jdk7.java.net/license.html
http://jdk8.java.net/license.html

The general avail license used by the Oracle JavaSE JDK 7 & JavaFX binary builds allow redistribution but only in its original form thus they are problematic convert into Debian packages.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/terms/license/index.html

Cheers
Xerxes