Re: Move libspring packaging to Git?

Miguel Landaeta:
> The repository is available at
> git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-security-java.git.
>
> Feel free to ask me any question about this package.

Hi Miguel,

thank you for working on this.

- Would you be so kind to sign the Git tags? The signature basically tells me
that you're kind of sure that the Git repo contains the original upstream code
without malicious changes by a third party.

- Why do you add ".RELEASE" to the upstream tags? Should this suffix also go in
the final Debian package version number?

- Some people do the debianization in the master branch and I also prefer to
have the debian/ dir already checked out when cloning from git.debian.org.
What's your preference?

- There's no pristine-tar branch. Would you like to start using it?

- the debian/00TODO file only contains one item. If that's all that's left,
could you be so kind to finish the package? Or is there more to do so that it
makes sense for me to dive into it? I've no idea so far about spring at all.

- What would you like me to do?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro