Re: Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal will default to OpenJDK7

For anyone who would like to attend this session is scheduled for 0900
PST (1600 UTC) today.

Details on how to access the ice-cast audio stream and shared pad can
be found here:

http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20495/foundations-q-java7/

And the IRC channel is #ubuntu-uds-grand-ballroom-f on Freenode IRC

On 27/04/12 01:34, James Page wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> After not managing to actually complete the work during the Ubuntu
> precise release cycle to support the transition to OpenJDK7 as
> default, Ubuntu quantal will open for development with OpenJDK7 as
> the default Java version.
>
> This will be discussed in more detail at UDS-Q in two weeks time:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-java7
>
> It would be helpful if anyone with interest in this work from the
> team could attend - either in person (its in Oakland, CA) or
> remotely (the OpenJDK guys will be participating remotely and are
> based in Europe so I will be aiming for an early morning slot -
> probably around 1600 UTC).
>
> I'd like to aim to remove openjdk6 from the archive for quantal
> but realistically I expect it will just be deprecated and remain in
> the universe section.
>
> I'll also ensure that all bug fixes made to complete this
> transition are fed back to Debian.
>
> Cheers
>
> James

- --