Java Linux problem or Java problem?

I am running Ubuntu 11.10. Running Java 7.0.1 with NetBeans.  I wrote a java
program with a loop that reads a 26000 character text file (NVRAM.TXT) into
a character array.  It worked fine. I ran the program numerous times over
four days. I have not made any  changes to the java file. The program is
listed below.  It has only 24 lines. Today when I run it, it has weird
errors referenced toline numbers 2442, 2685 and 1620. When I click on those
error messages it shows lines in
a huge completely different program - a program that I never wrote. I cut
and pasted the source (24 lines) of the offending file into a new empty java
file in a new project.  The new project  and file have different names than
the original names. It runs fine with the new name - no errors. The file
name that has the problem is Nvj5.java. That is the file selected and
displayed when I click RUN FILE. It is the file listed below. Even though it
is selected and displayed when I click RUN FILE my system is running some
other huge file (with errors) instead.  The errors  is copied below. Has
anyone ever heard of a problem like this?  Please help. I asked questions in
a Java news group but they haven'tcome up with anything yet.

TIA   Bill S.

HERE'S THE ERROR OUTPUT:
run:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: Constructor must call
super() or this() before return in method Nvr1.<init>()V at offset 0
 at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
 at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2685)
 at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1620)
 at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:488)
 at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:480)
Java Result: 1

HERE'S THE JAVA FILE:
import java.io.*;
public class Nvj5 {
     public static void main(String[] args){
         try {
         FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream("NVRAM.TXT");
         char[] nvchr = new char [30000];
         int fin = 1;
         int count = 1;
             while (fin != -1) {
              fin = file.read();
              nvchr[count] = (char) fin;
              System.out.print(nvchr[count]);
              count++;
             }
         System.out.println("Bytes read : " + count);
         file.close();
     } catch (IOException e){
         System.out.println("Could not read file");
     }

     }
}