Re: New work on java-package

On 12-03-19 09:51 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
On 03/19/2012 02:04 PM, Barry Hawkins wrote:
For example, JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, one of the main IDEs for Java
development, still doesn't endorse the use of OpenJDK. If you download
IDEA and launch it via a terminal, you will see the following warning:

~$ ./idea-IC-111.277/bin/idea.sh
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b24~pre2-1)
WARNING: You are launching IDE using OpenJDK Java runtime.

           THIS IS STRICTLY UNSUPPORTED DUE TO KNOWN PERFORMANCE AND
GRAPHICS PROBLEMS!

NOTE:    If you have both Oracle (Sun) JDK and OpenJDK installed
           please validate either IDEA_JDK, JDK_HOME, or JAVA_HOME
environment variable points to valid Oracle (Sun) JDK installation.
           See http://ow.ly/6TuKQ for more info on switching default JDK
But that's their fault, not OpenJDK's; if there's actually anything
wrong with OpenJDK that stops IDEA working, that would be another
matter.  I'd note that OpenJDK is the official Java SE 7 Reference
Implementation, so if IntelliJ IDEA doesn't even work with the RI,
it really is JetBrains' fault!

Andrew.

That is more of a warranty/support issue than anything else. I use it every day with OpenJDK and it works fine..