Re: RFS: eclipse-cdt-pkg-config

On 2011-11-07 18:39, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "eclipse-cdt-pkg-config".
>
>  * Package name    : eclipse-cdt-pkg-config
>    Version         : 0.5.3-1
>    Upstream Author : Petri Tuononen
>  * URL             :
> http://code.google.com/p/pkg-config-support-for-eclipse-cdt/
>  * License         : EPL-1.0
>    Section         : devel
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
>   eclipse-cdt-pkg-config - pkg-config support for Eclipse C/C++
> development tools
>
>  The aim of the Eclipse plug-in is to provide automation of
> configuration needed
>  for projects using pkg-config, such as GTK+ and gtkmm.
>
>  The plug-in will set options and switches automatically that gcc needs
> to add
>  in the selected packages - specifically the header file paths, the
> libraries,
>  and some other gcc switches.
>

> Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
>  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/eclipse-cdt-pkg-config.git

> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam

Hi,

I see this have (apparently) been left unanswered for a while.  Is this
RFS still relevant and if so, how do did you obtain a tarball for it?
Upstream does not appear to have tarballs nor svn tags.  The best I
could find was their binary releases at [1], which suggests there are
"multiple 0.5.3" versions.

If you just pulled trunk, I think it is best to go back to the
"+svn$rev" notation.

I am also not sure what to make of the copyright holder of some the
files in "templates/projecttemplates/".  By the looks of it, it is a
template/example thing.
  On the other hand, there seems to be a "Symbian Software" (possibly
now owned by Nokia), so it could be a real copyright statement.  If the
latter is the case, the copyright statement is missing in d/copyright.

~Niels

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/pkg-config-support-for-eclipse-cdt/source/browse/#svn%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.pkgconfig.update%2Fplugins