Re: New work on java-package

Bonjour Cédric,

Le dimanche 01 janvier 2012 à 22:00 +0100, Cédric Pineau a écrit :

> To build upon several threads regarding java-package, I've played with
> it on my side with the hope it could find his way back in debian (I
> too need clean installs of Oracle java on debian, should it only be
> because it's Oracle one and companies/people don't want to hear about
> subtle differences, they want the one they used to use, the one
> everybody use, the one they download and use on their windows, ...)
[...]
> Eventually, would someone be interested to sponsor me on this package
> as I volunteer to keep working on it (java6, ..) ?
As the previous maintainer of sun-java6, I am willing to sponsor (and
maintain) it.

Please commit your work in the Debian Java team (git or svn, I don't
mind).

By the way, you should consider switching quickly to Java 7. The EOL of
Java 6 is planned for July 2012 [1].

Sylvestre
[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html