Re: Q: target version (1.4, 1.5 or 1.6) for java-bytecode-format backward compatibility

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:09:27 +0100
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> Honestly, in practise either of version <= 1.6 will do.  I think most of
> us pick 1.5 out of habbit.

 Thanks for clarify it, I'll choose 1.6 for this issue.

> I am told that OpenJDK 7 has been ported to kFreeBSD and it is simply
> stalled a buildd issue.  If so, I'd rather see GCJ/GIJ being removed as
> a "Java implementation"[2].  Anyway, this part is all "for Jessie", so ...

 Yes, true, openjdk7 7u3-2.1.3-1 is in testing includes kfreebsd :)

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane