Continuing with maven-{repo|debian}-helper refactorings

Hi,

some months ago I started to do some cleanups in the java code of maven-repo-
helper (mrh) and maven-debian-helper (mdh). Ludovic Claude was kind enough to
review them and to fast-forward the git repositories. However these changes
are not yet in an uploaded version.

I've got the impression that currently nobody takes a lot of care of these two
packages, is that right? (Ludovic wrote he currently focuses on other things.)

I started to look at them because a few things really annoyed me, especially
with a large project like gerrit:

- mh_make is very unfriendly:

  - There are many pauses in the mh_make when it is scanning the archive. I
want mh_make to do all checks in a row and then to ask me all questions in a
row (as far as possible).

  - mh_make is unreliable: I don't understand, why it does not find certain
dependencies that are installed and have matching coordinates

  - The mh_make run isn't permitting at all. One false answer and I have to
start over.

  - In multi-module projects mh_make does not remember my decisions from other
modules but asks me again and again the same questions.

  - mh_make works all or nothing. I can't use it just to write the copyright
file for example.

- Our whole toolchain with javahelper, mdh and mrh seems unnecessarily
complicated to me. The situation of java in Debian might improve a lot if
these tools became better.

I'm sure I've missed a few annoyances.

I continued yesterday to work on mrh and mdh. I will ensure backwards
compatibility so that all packages continue to build. But I started now to do
more involving refactorings that change (simplify) the overall architecture of
the java code (to the better...).

Please also consider my next mail in a few minutes.

Regarding Gerrit I'm currently waiting for a couple of sponsorings.

Despite my critics, thanks to the original authors for providing tools to
package java stuff!

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro