Jetty8-continuations depends on jetty6-util???

Hi,

I'm setting up Gerrit in Eclipse using Dependencies from Debian. Now I found,
that apparently the jetty8 continuations jar uses a class
org.mortbay.log.Logger available only in jetty6 util. The Jetty8-continuations
pom also references jetty6-util as a provided dependency, see
/usr/share/maven-repo/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-continuation/debian/jetty-
continuation-debian.pom:

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jetty-util</artifactId>
                        <version>6.x</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>

I'm puzzled? Does that mean that libjetty8 should actually depend on
libjetty6? The upstream pom contains the same dependency.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro