Re: Prefered build system

On 23/03/2012 11:47, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
Hi,

I have been assigned to a legacy Java project, which uses several messed
up Ant buildfiles. I'm going to replace or clean up the build system as
part of project maintainance.

I read that Maven (similar to other language-specific package
management software) has been a problem for Debian for a long time
and that Debian struggles with the general Java software packaging
mentality which often ignores system wide package managers. One of the
goals for the project is to make software packaging and distribution
easier and automatic. Gentoo and Fedora seem to support Maven and Ant,
but prefer Ant. Is that also true for Debian? If so, are there any
preferred build target naming conventions, like [1]?
It used to be the case with Maven but it is fine to used in Debian (and has been for a couple of years).

Sylvestre