Re: Change in default behaviour in maven-debian-helper

Hello James,

The new behaviour of maven-debian-helper seems more correct. I think
that for most cases, you explicitely add --java-lib option to publish
your jar in /usr/share/java, but there are cases where a jar is
private, for example Ant or Eclipse plugins. In such cases, you can
create a link to a custom location (with the third argument to
mh_installjar) or install the jar in that custom location (using
- --dest-jar=<path>) and let mh_installjar create a link for the jar in
the Maven repository.

Please file bug reports for those packages which are broken by this
change, I tried to fix such packages some time ago but there are still
some problems in packages I don't know.

Ludovic