Re: orphaning git-maintained packages

On 31/08/2011 00:21, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've asked myself what should happen to a git repo after orphaning a
> package? It is easy with subversion: we just move the directory from
> trunk/ into ../old/. I want to suggest to move a git repo to the
> /home/groups/pkg-java/OLDGIT/ directory on git.debian.org. I've done
> that with javatar.git. Any better ideas?

Not doing anything? Or, instead make an mr-list of repositories for
non-orpahned packages.

IIUC, it is (almost) mandatory to do for SVN maintained packages, because
you may not want to checkout those repositories. But, that doesn't stand
for Git. So I may be wrong and you may have another reason that I wish to
know :)

Cheers.

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي