Re: package "eclipse" for testing

On 2011-08-29 10:25, Eric Delcamp wrote:
> yes indeed i think i'll end to install it from unstable, but i'll switch
> back to testing, i don't want to stay on unstable.
>
> but easiest would be to have it on testing, no ?
> in fact i was ported on testing, but then removed 09AUG11 :
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/eclipse.html
>

> [...]

I personally have both "unstable" and "testing" in my sources list and use:

"""
$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02aptlocal
APT::Default-Release "testing";
"""

This allows you to do stuff like

 $ aptitude install eclipse-{rcp,platform{,-data},...}/unstable

It does not work super well (unless you use -t unstable, but I do not
like that too much).  But it does allow you to cherry-pick packages from
unstable.

Anyhow, eclipse in unstable is probably uninstallable.  eclipse 3.7 (>=
3.7~exp-5) from experimental should be working and installable on the
other hand.

~Niels