Re: Free package of Apache Derby?

Hi Zied,

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 Zied ABID wrote:
> But tel me, did you request a special version of derby, or I just begin
> to package the last stable release ?

I have no reason to assume that any specific version might be needed so
packaging the recent version seems to be a reasonable choice.  My
target package[1] seems to be actively maintained so the authors will
probably also use the latest version.

BTW, in case you just want to work on *any* java package it might be
even more helpfull to package Jide[2] first (see my last mail to the
list).  The decision from my perspective is that we can free an existing
Debian package (igv) if we start to tackle Jide (+2 other smaller JARs)
versus getting a not yet packaged software (phyutility [1]) into Debian.
My priority would be to at first care properly for what is just inside
Debian.  But any of Derby or Jide would be of help for sure and I really
would welcome your help.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/phyutility/