Re: icedtea6-plugin not installed by default

> Default in what sense?  I don't think any Java anything, or even any web
> browser that could use such a plugin, is installed by default in a base
> installation.  I assume you mean one of the desktop tasks?

Yea, possibly along with OpenJDK.

> Java web applets are relatively rare these days in my experience, at least
> compared to Flash.  I run into them, but not daily.

I absolutely agree with what you said.

I was saying this more from a new user perspective, he bumps into an
applet and he's just lost, might even think he doesn't even have a
JVM/JRE or what a JVM/JRE is for that matter. I was just wondering
because after all, icedtea6-plugin is a very small package.

Adnan