Re: Java 613 Threads limit: unable to create new native thread

>>> You should switch to amd64, then such problems will disappear.
>
>> You mean I should rent another dedicated server ? At another company ?
>> Is that what you mean ?
>
> Not necessarily, most servers are 64-bit capable.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. My server is already running in a 64
bit architecture.
Maybe i didn't understand your question about i386...

>>> I think you need to pass a suitable -Xss option when you start the JVM.
>
>> I have done it and it changes nothing.
>
> Okay, then you need to provide more details: the exact way how you start
> the JVM, and how the JVM crashes.

$> java -Xss128k DieLikeADog

produces a crash after 613 threads

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to
create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:640)