Re: update-java-alternatives in postinst

* Niels Thykier:

> But what would you hope to achieve by making update-java-alternatives
> usable in postinst?  What does it do that the current maintainer scripts
> cannot (or are not) do(ing) with update-alternatives?

We've got our own internal OpenJDK builds, and I noticed that several of
the postinst scripts for JVM packages use roughly equivalent code for
setting alternatives, hence my question.  It's true that changing this
is likely not worth the hassle.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99