Re: RFS: slashtime

On 2011-10-30 23:11, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "slashtime".
>
>  * Package name    : slashtime
>    Version         : 0.5.13-1
>    Upstream Author : Andrew Cowie <andrew@operationaldynamics.com>
>  * URL             : http://research.operationaldynamics.com/projects/slashtime/
>  * License         : GPL v2
>    Section         : misc
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> slashtime  - Slashtime - Display the time in various places.
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/slashtime
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> command:
>
>   dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/slashtime/slashtime_0.5.13-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Guillaume Mazoyer

Hi,

A couple of lintian warnings worth considering to fix:

N: Processing binary package slashtime (version 0.5.13-1, arch all) ...
[...]
W: slashtime: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
E: slashtime: description-starts-with-package-name
I: slashtime: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: slashtime: missing-classpath libjava-gnome-java
W: slashtime: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/slashtime

The run script (usr/bin/slashtime) is broken - I don't get the "cd /usr"
part and "exec /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" will
definitely not work for an arch:all package.  Furthermore I believe "$@"
is better than $* when it comes to arguments with spaces and such (note
the quotes on the first).

You may or may not be missing a short-name for the first "files"
paragraph in d/copyright.  I don't remember my DEP-5 here, but you have
one for the second paragraph, so I assumed you forgot it for the first one.

~Niels