Re: snappy-java mh-buildable with libmaven-bundle-plugin-java 2.3.4 but not 2.3.5.

Le Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 12:44:14PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Le Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 08:50:02PM +0100, Damien Raude-Morvan a écrit :
> >
> > Here is the quick&dirty package I've built :
> > http://people.debian.org/~drazzib/misc/

> It looks like it is very difficult to determine the dependancies needed to
> build libsnappy-java on a Squeeze / Sid mixture.  I will go the schroot way and
> hope to add a clean source package soon in pkg-java directory on
> git.debian.org, after removing the sourceless files and doublechecking
> copyrights.

I have pushed a temporary package at:

  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/plessy/snappy-java.git

It consists mostly in your debianisation, plus the removal of the lib directory
that contains sourceless programs.  At the begining I thought that the work was
almost finished, and then I realised that the binary package it produces does
not depend on the libsnappy1 package that it is supposed to wrap…

It turns out that snappy-java contains binary copies of snappy, for i386 and
amd64 on Linux, Windows and Mac OS, plus a Makefile that can download their
source code from Google and rebuild the files.

Luckily, it looks like it is also able to use the system's Snappy library,
through an option called org.xerial.snappy.use.systemlib.

If somebody would have some time to look at it and tell me how to switch this
by default, I would be very relieved, as I am not a Java programmer.  That
would help me to update the picard-tools package, a nice toolkit for
bioinformatics procssing of high-troughput DNA sequence reads.  Hopefully, it
will participate in making our World a better place to live in :)

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,