Bug#639715: ITP: libjsoup-java -- Java HTML parser that makes sense of real-world HTML soup
Owner: Torsten Werner <email@example.com>
* Package name : libjsoup-java
Version : 1.6.1
Upstream Author : Jonathan Hedley
* URL : http://jsoup.org/
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Java
Description : Java HTML parser that makes sense of real-world HTML soup
Jsoup is a Java library for working with real-world HTML. It provides a very
convenient API for extracting and manipulating data, using the best of DOM,
CSS, and jquery-like methods.
jsoup implements the WHATWG HTML specification (http://whatwg.org/html), and
parses HTML to the same DOM as modern browsers do.
* parse HTML from a URL, file, or string
* find and extract data, using DOM traversal or CSS selectors
* manipulate the HTML elements, attributes, and text
* clean user-submitted content against a safe white-list, to prevent XSS
* output tidy HTML
jsoup is designed to deal with all varieties of HTML found in the wild; from
pristine and validating, to invalid tag-soup; jsoup will create a sensible
Jsoup is a build dependency for release 1.0 of wagon.