Re: jenkins for Debian

Resending to debian-java (don't think my last email made it).

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 23:01 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> James, could you provide a (link ?) to updated status of your
> packaging effort
> ? And is there something we (Debian Java Team) could do to help you ?

For tracker see [0].

I spent time last week scripting the migration of the Ubuntu accepted
packages into Debian packages (new changelog entries, revised control +
repositories on git.debian.org) so I expect to start RFS'ing in earnest
this week.

Please bear in mind that there are a number of forks maintained by the
Jenkins project (some of which are already package and some are not) -
see [1].

As most of the forks introduce API changes in one way or another I am
reticent to integrate them as patches into existing packages - as a
result I have filed ITP's for them all in Debian and they have been
accepted into Ubuntu as-is.

I have been pushing upstream to get their changes folded back into the
original projects - for some packages this will work; for others it
won't mainly due to inactivity etc.

If anyone would like to review this work and provide another perspective
on these forks that would be really helpful.

I have attached a dependency graph to [1] to illustrate how these forks
fit into the dependency chain for jenkins; they are not all directly
used by jenkins - stapler (this project is pretty much driven by jenkins
and is developed by the Jenkins founder) pulls a few as well.

Regards

James

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Jenkins/JenkinsUbuntuTracker
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Jenkins/JenkinsForks