Re: Clojure maintenance / leiningen

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com> wrote:
> --- migrate discussion to debian-java
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 20:30 -0700, Phil Hagelberg wrote:
>> Leiningen will work fine without Clojure Contrib, but there are some
>> plugins for it that require it, so it would really be better to have
>> that package updated to version 1.2.0; the version currently in Debian
>> is incompatible with Leiningen.
>
> It looks as if Daigo just uploaded a new version, I guess I'll recommend it in
> leiningen. Would it be a good idea to suggest leiningen in the clojure1.2
> package?

Yeah, suggests sounds like the right way to do it.

> @Daigo:
>
> Could you push the latest clojure-contrib version to the git repository?

I'm also interested in this; it looks like for Clojure there are two separate
packages, clojure and clojure1.2, while clojure-contrib just has one. Was
this intentional? Personally I can't imagine anyone needing Clojure 1.1.0
these days, so I think it makes sense for both packages to be version
1.2.1. Once 1.3.0 is released there will be a need for two separate
packages as it contains lots and lots of breaking changes, but there
aren't any breaking changes between 1.1.0 and 1.2.1.

-Phil