Re: Clojure team or maintainence within pkg-java?

Hello Closure people,

On 06/07/2011 17:54, Tom Marble wrote:
> What would be ideal, I think, is to capture the metadata
> in Clojure libraries and use it to metadata for Clojure Debian
> packages... taking as much inspiration -- and code -- from
> leiningen as possible. If we use leiningen directly we'll
> probably have to disable live Internet downloading at build
> time (as was done with maven) as this is against Debian policy.

I don't know much about Closure or Leiningen, but lots about Maven.
As Leiningen is built on Maven, it would make sense to reuse and adapt
what has been done in the maven-repo-helper and maven-debian-helper
packages.

As the syntax for the project configuration is closure instead of XML,
this would require some work as we do lots of mangling of Maven POM
files before putting them in the Maven repository for Debian - to allow
painless upgrades in particular -, but this sounds possible.

In particular, there is a Sonatype project - Polyglot Maven - which aims
to allow users to write POM files into their own language. The Closure
version looks very much like what is in Leiningen
(http://polyglot.sonatype.org/clojure.html), so I hope that they are
compatible and that we could use more libraries from Maven to read those
files and adapt them to our needs.

Anyway contact me if you want to start brainstorming on that subject.

Ludovic