Unable to skip the test phase with maven-debian-helper 1.1

Dear all,

In the midst of my maven Debian learning phase I am struggling to
remove the test phase by passing the variable:

	maven.test.skip = true

which is the way according to the documentation[1] to disable the test
phase.

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/running.html#running-sect-define-prop
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenBuilder

Now the question is how to pass this variable to the package build
process?

A.  Using maven.properties

    The maven.properties file is added in the maven invocation with the
    option:

    -Dproperties.file.manual=<package_builddir>/debian/maven.properties

    However the skip rules seems to be ignored.  I have tried the
    following contents:

    content1:
    maven.test.skip=true

    content2:
    -Dmaven.test.skip=true

    content3
    <settings>maven.test.skip=true</settings>

B.  Using the option -Dmaven.test.skip in the command line by adding in
    debian/rules

    DEB_MAVEN_ARGS := -Dmaven.test.skip=true

    I see this option passed in the maven invocation but the test are
    still run.

The command line invocation (taken from debuild's log) is (in a single
line):

cd . && /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -noverify
-cp /usr/share/maven2/boot/classworlds.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/tools.jar
-Dproperties.file.manual=/home/miguel/learning/esper/debian_package/esper-4.0.0/debian/maven.properties
-Dclassworlds.conf=/etc/maven2/m2-debian.conf
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher -s/etc/maven2/settings-debian.xml
-Dmaven.repo.local=/home/miguel/learning/esper/debian_package/esper-4.0.0/debian/maven-repo
-Dmaven.test.skip=true
package

Invoking manually creates the same results, this is, the tests are
still executed.

Any more ideas will be welcome.

Note:  I am still using maven-debian-helper 1.1

	Miguel

--

      (O-O)

 Miembro de http://www.linuca.org    Membre du http://www.bxlug.be