Re: Next Maven problem (Was: Medical device support for GNUmed)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Tim O'Brien <tobrien@discursive.com> wrote:
> Why has this community taken the repository and made it so damn
> confusing?   What's the deal with rewriting all these POMs?

Another way of dealing with it is simply caching all of the required
packages locally, then doing something like this:

find . | grep debian/.m2 | grep jar$  | cut -d/ -f2- >
debian/source/include-binaries

to cache all of the dependencies. The "magic" I had been using to
create the settings file was:

create_maven_settings:
	echo "<settings xmlns=\"http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0\";
xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\";
xsi:schemaLocation=\"http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.1.0.xsd\";>" >
debian/maven-settings.xml
	echo "<localRepository>`pwd`/debian/.m2</localRepository>" >>
debian/maven-settings.xml
	echo "<offline>true</offline>" >> debian/maven-settings.xml
	echo "</settings>" >> debian/maven-settings.xml

If you create the file without offline == true, execute "mvn -s
debian/maven-settings.xml"  for targets clean and package, everything
should be okay. It's not necessarily the cleanest method, but it
should allow offline building. Especially without individually
packaging every dependency, which can not only be a real pain, but can
be very difficult, since many projects have odd and unusual
dependencies.

--
Thanks,
Jeff