Re: Problems with many POMs in the same package

Hello Giovanni,

Try to install maven-debian-helper 1.4.1 and the latest versions of
maven-ant-helper and maven-repo-helper, then run mh_make on your
project, it will help you normally to generate most Debian packaging
files. This is a log of my session, I'm missing isorelax, but if you
have it installed, please let me know how it went and report any issues.

Ludovic

ludo@ubuntu-desktop:~/Projects/Debian/msv$ mv debian debian.old
ludo@ubuntu-desktop:~/Projects/Debian/msv$ mh_make
Environment variable DEBLICENSE not set, using GPL-3+ by default

Enter the name of the new Debian source package. If empty, it will
defaults to msv

Enter the name of the binary package. If empty, it will defaults to
libmsv-java

Run tests while building the package?
[y]/n >

Generate the Javadoc while building the package?
[y]/n >

Checking that apt-file is installed and has been configured...
[ok]

Checking that licensecheck is installed...
[ok]

Solving dependencies for package libmsv-java (tests are included)
(documentation is included)
Enter the upstream version for the package. If you press <Enter> it will
default to 2009.1

Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 2  - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule
> 2
This project contains modules. Include all modules?
[y]/n >
Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv-parent is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Version of com.sun.msv.datatype.xsd:xsdlib is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv-testharness is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv-core is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv-generator is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Version of net.java.dev.msv:msv-rngconverter is 2009.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Replace all versions starting by 2009. with 2009.x
 3  - Keep the version
 4  - Custom rule

Resolving org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.2
of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:1.4.3 of
scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:2.5.1 of
scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This plugin is not useful for the build or its use is against Debian
policies. Ignore this plugin?
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:2.5.1
[y]/n > y
[ignored]
Resolving
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:maven-plugin:debian
of scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This documentation or report plugin cannot be found in the Maven
repository for Debian. Ignore this plugin?

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:maven-plugin:debian
[y]/n > y
[ignored]
In pom.xml:
This extension is not useful for the build or its use is against Debian
policies. Ignore this extension?
  org.jvnet.wagon-svn:wagon-svn:jar:1.8
[y]/n > y
[ignored]
Resolving junit:junit:jar:4.4 of scope test...
[ok]
Resolving xml-resolver:xml-resolver:jar:1.2 of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving xerces:xercesImpl:jar:2.9.1 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving xalan:xalan:jar:2.7.1 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving crimson:crimson:jar:1.1.3 of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving isorelax:isorelax:jar:20030108 of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving relaxngDatatype:relaxngDatatype:jar:20020414 of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving jdom:jdom:jar:1.0 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving net.sf.saxon:saxon:jar:8.7 of scope runtime...
[skipped dependency or plugin management]
Resolving org.apache.ant:ant:jar:1.7.1 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin:maven-plugin:2.4.3
of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:maven-plugin:2.6.1 of
scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving isorelax:isorelax:jar:debian of scope runtime...

* I need isorelax installed on my computer *