Re: RFS: service-wrapper-java

On Mon Aug 09 17:28, Rémi Debay wrote:
> First, Many thanks for the review. I am working on the issues.
> I already moved the library to the new standards but i need to use a
> different make file for each arch to build the jni lib(this is the way it is
> done in upstream source). Is it allowed by standards ? The package you
> checked was restricted to i386.

You will probably end up having code in debian/rules which selects makefiles
based on the value of dpkg-architecture, then rather than being arch: any,
have it restricted to the architectures you have a makefile for.

> As you told me I made two packages :
>
>    - service-wrapper-java (with the wrapper script and the jar file) which
>    is arch all.
>    - libservice-wrapper-java (with the jnilib) which is arch any.

Actually, the naming conventions for Java _libraries_ are:

 - libservice-wrapper-java (library)
 - libservice-wrapper-jni (jni library)

However, is it a library? Or a program? If it's a program I would go with:

 - service-wrapper-java
 - service-wrapper-java-jni

Matt