RM: removal of gcj-4.3 and java-gcj-compat from unstable

Package: ftp.debian.org

Please remove gcj-4.3 and java-gcj-compat from unstable.

gcj is still used on hppa, kfreebsd and hurd(?), all other architectures use openjdk-6 as the default java. the platforms above work ok-ish such that packages can be built, although with workarounds. gcj-4.4 looks better on these platforms than 4.3. If we need an alternative for gcj-4.4 I'd rather package gcj-4.5 derived from the gcc-snapshot package just building the c, c++ and java.

All versioned dependencies on java-gcj-compat are fixed/removed [1], the gcj-jre, gcj-jre-headless and gcj-jdk packages provide the old java-gcj-compat packages. java-gcj-compat should be removed together with gcj-4.3.

  Matthias

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=jgc-vdep;users=debian-java@lists.debian.org